Does a body and a mind good.
Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.
~Elizabeth Lawrence
Not as vivid as I was hoping for, but cleansing nonetheless.
There is just something about being up on top and looking down that just feels so good, along with the effort to get up there. We didn’t get to linger as long as we like, but it felt good to get out. Things have been so tense around here, I found I even had a hard time relaxing and focusing up there. Usually, this is my happy relaxing place. I can sit up on those rocks and look out for hours. This time I was antsy and had to keep moving, which is it’s own therapy I guess.
C took some friends along this time. They had a great time going up and down the rocks. Freaking some of the other people out….and this is the first time I allowed them to hike ahead of us, and on their own.
This picture, however, totally puts C’s personality into perspective…..his is perched up on the rock, assessing the situation, seeing how far his friends get, watching which way they go, before he ventures down there…..exploring, yet cautious..always planning, making sure it will be ok, before he ventures out….far different than K’s head down straight forward consequences be damned personality. How those two came from the same DNA, sometimes I wonder.
He didn’t see me. <snicker>
God I love that profile.
Hawk is by far not necessarily the most challenging hike, but the views are gorgeous. Most of the paths are however this rocky or worse. Makes for a good quad and glute workout…Although can I tell you how many people have no brains common sense…the number of people attempting to climb straight up with babies on their back and heavens sakes, in front packs! I have slipped on those trails, I can not imagine bashing my baby’s head on a rock!
We have a family membership, so we go as many times as we want for one price…..it is close to home and a nice place to go to get some fresh air.
And it gets him away from the xBox!
1 comment:
Great pics! Yup, I'm with you. Some people just don't think.
Post a Comment