Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Perhaps….

I am starting to think that Disney is taking wayyyyy toooo long to blog! Trouble deciding what to post next. I suppose I will go with the most fun of all the parks. I realized when I was sorting pictures that Hollywood Studios is really where we had the most fun, perhaps a tie with Magic Kingdom, but we honestly did. There are so many interesting corners and things to do there from Tower of Terror, to the Muppets, street vaudeville to stunt shows. Something for all of us.

And yes, I did the Tower of Terror, and yes, it was a terror. I much prefer to see what is happening and the drop ride at Dorney has a huge HARNESS and the only thing keeping me on the Tower of Terror was a SEAT BELT people! A.SEAT.BELT. period. That freaked me a bit. But my deal was, TOT for me, Aerosmith roller coaster for K. Teehee….K is not a fan of rollercoasters. ONE scary encounter with the ancient wooden coaster at Dorney at too young an age, and she doesn’t want to ride another. I am cool with them as long as I am going forward and not upside down too often. we *almost* had her cured by the end of the week, but ran out of days.

So without further ado …Hollywood Studios…this is a mere smattering of the pictures that we all took in this park…..

DSC_0648

Did I mention that is was the last of their Star Wars weekends? When did SW become Disney anyway? But I digress. These guys greet us, “guarding” the gate. They even had recorded voices, they talked to us.

DSC_0649 DSC_0654

Throughout the park, even Magic Kingdom, throughout the day, there were street performers putting on vaudeville type skits. They were hilarious and fun. I admire them in their costumes in the heat.

DSC_0659  DSC_0725

This guy was a Barney Fife type character from one of the skits, but he stayed in character throughout the park. K had some fun with him and he played right along. Loved it!

DSC_0726

Stunt shows……C took about 243 pictures here.

DSC_0669DSC_0743

Hey where did those beauties come from?

DSC_0744

I think the kids were more excited to pose with these two than anyone else. They wouldn’t stand in line to be seen with just ANY character.

DSC_0749

There are more SW characters….lots more. I can’t remember what this one is called.

DSC_0751-1 DSC_0754

A big part of the park is a movie “set” – fake houses, etc…we had a lot of fun there….I think I will make that another post in and of itself.

DSC_0755 DSC_0762 DSC_0770

A stoop! You would think this was the most amazing thing, along with the phone booth.

DSC_0790

A car stunt show. This was a lot of fun too. C only took 462 pictures of this one. I think these stunt cars looked sort of like my Kia, and teased the kids that I could pimp out my Kia and race it around. Which got the resoundingly familiar UGH face and comments from the teenagers! I love to do that. :)

DSC_0903

is my new camera not TOTALLY awesome??

There is so much more, so much  more……but I feel like I am forcing someone to watch my vacation slides, and everyone is sliding off their seats saying, “is it over yet?”

Wait, just a few more….

DSC_0937

More? really. Do we have to?

Teeheee……

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Love your vacation pics. Living vicariously through you. :)