Someone turned 16.
16.
say it outloud.
16.
Wow.
As requested, I made a purple cake with a tiara on it.
3 sparklers on it as well.
Not such a great idea in hindsight. What a mess.
Certainly – a far cry from where I was 16 years ago.
You made me a mom. You have taught me everything I know about being a mom, and few extra things. You took a piece of my heart and carry it with you everywhere you go.
16 things about you -
1. You have taught me to be more than a mom. You taught me more about myself than I ever realized I didn’t know.
2. You love CSI, Bones, and NCIS. Pretty anything to do with dead bodies and police investigation.
3. I believe your cell phone is permanently attached to your hand.
4. You are so much the person I imagined you would be, and yet so different than I ever imagined you would be. The combination is incredible.
5. You have the hugest heart, and want to solve the world’s problems, and you take it personally when you can’t.
6. Kids love you, and you are awesome with them.
7. You are the pickiest eater. There are three food groups – macaroni and cheese, perogies, and chicken fingers. Occasionally, a turkey sandwich on toast. You beg to DQ for their chicken fingers with the gravy. You love to make chocolate cake and yoru present career of choice is pastry chef.
8. You know all the dialogue to Spaceballs.
9. You often seriously under-estimate yourself time and time again.
10. After all these years, you have finally owned your hair. And it shows off the gorgeous you.
11. You have over come so many obstacles, and have grown into such a strong young woman. I pray you will never let anything hold you down.
12. You have challenged me time and time again to find alternate ways, new paths, and learn that sometimes plans go awry and it is ok.
13. By fighting for what you need, you have taught ME to be stronger too.
14. You get along with your brother – whether you want to admit it or not!
15. You are so kind, and often put everyone else’s needs ahead of your own. This sometimes can be one of the most frustrating things for me.
16. You make me love you more and more every day. I can’t wait, well I can, I don’t want to rush it, but I can’t wait to see what the milestone holds.
I love you.
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl.
1 comment:
Awww...how sweet! Brought a tear to my eye.
Cherish 16....because before you know it, there'll be a 17 on that cake.
Post a Comment