Sunday, June 06, 2010

Not much to say…..

Sorry – here of late, I guess I have not had many words.

I find when things are just rolling along, there is not much to say.  Getting ready for vacation, counting down to the end of school, trying to wrap my brain around keeping these two teenagers occupied this summer….thinking of the INSANE schedule we have for the next four weeks, figuring out how to get to my nephews Marine boot camp graduation….

So gee, how much can I complain when all of that means our life is full and happy, for the most part! 

DSC_0402

The frogs are still ruling the roost in the pond. The bullfrog “talks” all.hours.of.the.night. Yes, 2 am! Yes, 4 am! I am not sure what the heck he wants and who he thinks he is talking to, but he is keeping me awake. I figure he either wants “some” or is getting “some” so  more power to ya  Fred!

DSC_0419

We had a big family picnic Memorial Day weekend…..K and S had discovered that they go to school with a bunch of cousins they never even knew they had. It’s along story, involving estrangement from my biological dad, not knowing how to still fit into that side of the family, my grandmother not having her own home anymore so no one really getting together all in one place anymore and a combination of a lot of other things that made us really, other than my grandmother, lose touch with this side of the family. so after discovering these cousins, and reconnecting with my aunts at my grandmother’s funeral, the girls decided we needed to have a family get together. So this is as many cousins as I could get in one place. I hosted so didn’t take time to get too many pictures…hopefully there will be plenty of opportunity for more pictures.

DSC_0431

The pool is open. Yeah! Earliest ever because of the picnic.

 

DSC_0435

K being K.

This girl has been through a lot in the last few months. Post to come I guess, not sure if I can put words to it. So far as she has come, and all I thought we had gotten over, there is still so much. I sometimes sit and wonder if there will ever be a time that there won’t be something to deal with, or a time that I can let down my guard.

But on a positive note, she is scooping ice cream like a pro, averaging $2 an hour in tips and counting up her dough!

 

DSC_0443

I am still playing with my camera, and testing different settings and such. Took an online class over the last four weeks but haven’t had time to really play. Hopefully after vacation I will do more. This is just a shot of one of my garden berries that I was playing around with on the deck the other day.

 DSC_0459

And the boys in the pool…(I only promised N I wouldn’t tag him in Facebook with this picture – teehee)…C is really maturing the last few months. Some days I barely recognize him.  It is like watching someone who doesn’t quite fit into his body, move around and interact – like a body snatcher alien.  I just sit back and look at him, and marvel and how similar in so many ways he is to K at this age, including the hair – which I remind her when she teases him- and so different in so many ways.

 DSC_0447

So, that is our exciting oh so crazy life…..yeah right.

In a week, first we will be jetting off to Disney…….going to be an interesting vacation…….second I will be the parent of a JUNIOR and an eight grader, who hopefully will have made honor roll for the second quarter in a row and earn Facebook priviledges. I think before we know it, Sept will be here and we will wonder where the heck this summer went!! We have invites to the beach, a drivers permit to get, and laying around to do!

When we get back, my goal is a photo a day, or maybe at least a week!!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Love all your photos, girly. Honestly, I'm especially partial to Mr. Bullfrog. HOW CUTE IS HE?!!! (Of course, he's not keeping ME awake!)