Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lookie lookie!


Look what has come to live at our house??
Is it a sad testament to the dowdy old housewife that I have become if these make me insanely happy??
(shhh don't tell J - I whined about not needing them - because frankly, we didn't)
They are so QUIET!!
Although it is funny to walk by and the only sound I can hear is the clothes sloshing and flopping around. Weird.

One reason they make me happy??
See that color on the wall??
The Washer and Dryer FINALLY forced us to paint the laundry room! That is a major woohoo for me!
I picked up the curtains, and need another one, to finally cover the gawd-awful open shelving above the W&D, and when I was at Home Depot (yes, my home away from home) remembered that the color I was trying to match was the same one that we decided not to use in on the front wall in the front room, after we had bought it....and low and behold it matched perfectly! Score one for me!
The trim will be a deep gold and the other walls besides the alcove a sagey- green.
So walking in there and seeing color on the walls and no more fingerprints, and gashes from moving makes me insanely happy!
I love red!

Buying new before the others were completely gone goes against every grain of my being. But one thing I have had to come to accept about my dh is that it does not bother him.
Although another reason these make me insanely happy, is that we rarely rarely rarely ever buy anything new. Our current washer and dryer have been with us since our first house 18 years ago.
J has been itching to get new HE W&D for months now. And one thing he can very well be made infamous for, is his ability and endurance for finding good deals and sales.
These he has been researching style, quality, reading complaint posts, and finding sales for at least 8 months.
He got us these, basically two for the price of one, and same as cash until we get our tax check. Otherwise we never would have charged them. But because of his diligence, and bickering ability, and comparison shopping with his Excel sheets (yes, I said Excel sheets ~ and the sales girl at Sears was pretty impressed - oh yeah and I am supposed to announce that no one is to ever shop at Sears again....apparently price matching is not as advertised)
So while I was still unsure about replacing with new before the others had died, I couldn't argue.
There are some days I laugh and think J's worst nightmare would be one of our major appliances dying and his needing to replace it without months of research and bargain shopping.
And I tease him but this little quirk about him does allow us to have nicer things then we ever normally would.
So thanks honey!

No comments: