Wednesday, September 02, 2009

It happened again....


It happens every year.
Most years I dread it.
This year I thought I was ready.
Turns out, I was not.


Labeling folders and getting ready last night.
After an exhausting night rushing around at the Jr High for yet another orientation.


Highlighting her classrooms on the school map.
After she sat down and did this , at my suggestion, she felt much better and announced that she would be fine! I pray.


This guy actually got up without any trouble this morning. I was shocked and will take bets on how long it lasts. 6 am came REAL early this morning...


Miss "Yeah I am cool, it's all cool. I am not nervous".....


When did they get so tall??
Grown up?


I thought I was ready.
This was after all the "summer that wasn't" Very stressful for me.
Filled with nothing for all of us.
So I was ready for routine, school, normalcy.
Then why is there a lump in my throat just looking at this?
As weird as the summer was, I still love having them here.
Where they belong.
With me.
Forever.
(Yes I can try to deny it for as long as i want thankyouverymuch!....teeheee)

This gal pretty much sums up how we were both feeling this morning.
I don't even remember what it was I wanted to do on those frustrating mornings....
although I am watching GMA for the first time in months!


If they knew I took this picture they would KILL me.
Someone might see you mom!!
God forbid someone knows mom loves me and will miss me.

So it begins. Another school year.
Jr hi. Sr Hi.
All in one year.
We do it all the way!
No more elementary school.
No more school parties and cupcakes.
No more Secret reader days.
No more classroom helper.

This is going to take some getting used to,
but as I told K about highschool last night,
"Many have gone before you and lived to tell the tale!"

Already can't wait to see them later today.

1 comment:

rosie said...

Your advice to K. sounds like advice we could all take on the first day of school! Glad they got off to a good start.