Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam,May luck be yours on Halloween.
~Author Unknown
Heading out for a much deserved girly weekend right after trick or treating. Promise pictures Monday. Until then, this floats around in my head....

Easily one of my favorite holiday specials.
We snuggled up the other night and watched it again.

Linus and Charlie Brown really are the epitome of faith and hope. Charlie Brown no matter how dorky, teased and out of place he is, he still puts himself out there, still tries. And no matter how many times Linus sits in that pumpkin patch, he still KNOWS that someday the Great Pumpkin would come.
Oh to have that faith. Or would it be innocence? Or stupidity? Naivity?
I prefer faith.



[last lines]
Charlie Brown: I supposed you spent all night in the pumpkin patch.
[Linus nods]
Charlie Brown: And did the Great Pumpkin ever show up?
Linus: Nope.
Charlie Brown: Well, don't take it too hard, Linus. I've done a lot of stupid things in my life, too.
Linus: [furious] STUPID? What do you mean "stupid"? Just wait 'til next year, Charlie Brown. You'll see! Next year at this same time, I'll find the perfect pumpkin patch that is really sincere and I'll sit in that pumpkin patch until the Great Pumpkin appears. He'll rise out of that pumpkin patch and he'll fly through the air with his bag of toys. The Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him! I'll be there! I'll be sitting there in that pumpkin patch and I'll see the Great Pumpkin. Just wait and see, Charlie Brown. I'll see the Great Pumpkin. I'll SEE the Great Pumpkin! Just you wait, Charlie Brown. The Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him...
[the screen fades out and the show ends]

No comments: