Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Ick

has arrived.
I took pictures of C. but they won't load. Poor kid has been on the couch literally not vertical since Sat night. Fever is back. He is having coughing fits that he can't catch his breath. His nose is raw. [he was begging for Puffs lotion tissues instead of Daddy's cheap tissues today!]Poor thing. He started crying tonight so he even let me cuddle him a bit, it calmed him down and he could sleep. I feel so helpless. Called the pediatrician for a stronger cough suppressant esp. for night-time so we are not again up at 3 am....but they have to see him. So guess we will be headed there tomorrow. See what happens tonight. Tomorrow will be day three of no school and day five of not feeling well. Poor kid has a birthday and crashes big time. He hasn't even touched the second Lego set he got Friday. I KNOW he is sick. We have been out for more cough medicine, more decongestant, and a Vick's vaporizer humidifier menthol thing that plugs in the outlet. It has literally been so long since anyone in this house has been this sick, that we don't even have anything here to take care of it! I couldn't tell you when one of us took an antibiotic last. What a blessing! But it doesn't make this any better. My baby is down and out. So home again with him tomorrow. Hopefully get out of the house to walk with a friend{{Hi A.!}} tomorrow when J. gets home from work. If anyone is going to get this it is going to be me - I have been in the face of his coughs for four days, although I have been making him manage his own tissues (two whole boxes worth) and using a TON of hand sanitizer. K has been keeping a wide berth and J. comes in contact as little as possible. Just praying my immune system can kick this thing. Also praying for C to kick it real soon. He is possibly facing being out of school this entire week.

No comments: