Because every blog post needs a picture, and I never got around to posting about J's birthday. As you can see he is sporting a little "scruff" on the chin there. I told him months ago that I liked it, and he still shaved it off. UNTIL - one of my friend's commented how nice he looked with the scruff, and lo and behold, since then, he has been sporting the new look. Even bought a beard trimmer to "maintain" the look. He can't let it get too long, because it does get very grey. It is not as noticeable when it is shorter. Going on 17 years of marriage this year and how can I still adore this guy? Drives me crazy at times, but he has been incredibly patient with me the last few months, and has been so much more involved around here since starting his antidepressant. That is a good thing!
Otherwise, there is literally not a whole lot to post about around here. It is January. We don't do anything in January. Let see if I can come up with ten things to write about.
1. Report cards yesterday. Tough day. want to praise C. cause he does very well. Yet, the balance between his praise and the difficulty of K's not being very good is tough. We know about her's ahead of time because of parent portal but it is still a big sigh moment to see it all printed out. She did bring up a few of her grades to pass, so that is good.
2. K. qualified for the Pepsi regional bowling tournament. So the end of the month we are off to Carlisle Pa to compete. She is excited about that.
3. So ready for spring. Tired of being cooped up.
4. Dear friend of mine, once again facing hospice for a loved one. Difficult time, yet relief at the same time. Hard one. Saying extra prayers for her. The kids were so sweet, they over heard me talking to her last night and both asked about it before bed and said extra prayers for a man they don't even know. Man, I adore those two kids.
5. Let's see half way....
6. Teaching again at the scrapbook store this weekend. Third weekend in a row. It is so much fun and not a "job" at all. Classes are finally picking up which is great for my scrappy pocketbook!
7. For being January the weather is crap here. rain. mud. yuck. yet still cold.
8. Trying to cut back on my mocha lattes. Tough.
9. Been totally swamped at work. J is a happy camper, but I am tired of getting home later, jumping right into dinner and homework, and before i know it bed time! Man am I spoiled?
10. I think we decided where to go on vacation! FLORIDA. In August. Yes, we are nuts, but off peak, no lines, better deals. C. saw the Universal Studios brochure and now there is no changing our minds! No beach this year. That will be weird. But it is time for us to do something different with the kids. Grand Canyon, Tennessee, and Bahamas were also on our list. Maybe Vegas next year. Also want to see San Diego but the air fare was crazy.
There! Ten things! I now return us to our regularly scheduled day.
No comments:
Post a Comment