Just one more thing to totally justify my dork-ness.
As I was running into Starbucks for my "usual" today, something made me stop and look at the mugs on the shelves. They have these really cool mugs, that are 20 oz and look just like one of their venti paper cups. How cool is that? But I digress. I never stop to look at this stuff. But today I did. And what to my astonished eyes should appear?
Anyone that knows me well, knows of my addiction to this stuff and how crushed I was last year when they stopped selling it in the stores. I nearly did a happy dance in the store. The happiness in my heart was almost palpable. The young gal at the register did not seem to understand or share my enthusiasm for my purchase! I plan on stocking up this time!
And of course, on the way home, this led to a thoughful journey in my head about things that make us happy. When you think about it, we take so much time in our lives planning the "big" events and those Kodak moments, when really want brings us the most pleasure and happiest memories are the little things that just make us happy day to day. Those things that just make you stop and go "ah". So I decided to make a list of ten simple little things that make me happy, and if you gave me a choice I would take one or a combination preferably, of these things over some big planned event any day.
So here are my ten, and I am sure there are more....make your own list and take inventory of what is on it. Then, do those things!
1. Mocha powder (had to have that one!)
2. quiet time at home alone
(and if you had told me years ago I would enjoy this I would have laughed at you)
3. my children's laughter
4. an unexpected hug from my darling
5. Anything with sundried tomatoes, olives and olive oil
6. A nice glass of wine enjoyed with a friend
7. Being outside in the woods (preferably with my family)
8. True honest family time just the four of us having fun
9. A call from a friend
10. early morning at the beach with a book and a cup of coffee
I neglected to add a trip to the hairdresser on that list, which is where I am off to this afternoon, nearly giddy with the prospect of finally finding time to get a trim and highlight!
No comments:
Post a Comment