Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Would you like....

Would you like some cheese with my whine?? Get ready..... I am posting this picture, because I AM COLD! And I HATE BEING COLD! Single digits here these days. I am hoping it will warm me up to gaze at the nice warm water, sunshine and of course the two most handsome men on the earth. I think I feel my toes warming up.....

Those of you that know me well, know I struggle with Seasonal Affective Disorder. In simple terms, I get very depressed in the winter. This nice mild December that we had, really lulled me into a false sense of conquering the whole deal this year. Well - let me tell you - the cold and grey that we have been experiencing here in Pa over the last few weeks has brought me down fast and hard. I am have been blue, sleepy, not really cranky thank goodness, although I will admit to being a bit "edgy" - and just plain old blah. None of us really participates in any winter sports, so we are not walking, biking, playing tennis, basketball, or even walking the dog. When it is so cold that every breath feels like needles in your chest, I draw the line. I try so hard to stay "up" for the kids, but they notice. Add onto it, that the last two weeks have been challenging for K. in school and there has been a lot of stress there, just adding insult to injury. Spending a lot of time pretending to be happy lately. Too much energy involved there.

So my prescription for myself has been some scrapping, looking at these warm pictures, sleeping a lot which is totally not my style but I just decided not to fight it. I really really really want to eat everything in sight and crawl under the covers and never come out. Spending the day with some buds saturday should help too. Trying to find some sort of physical activity that I want to do in the winter to just feel myself move. I miss that in the winter. I miss the feel of the warm air on my skin. I miss my flowers.

Perhaps I should challenge all of you to cheer me up! So I dare you - cheer me up!

No comments: