Monday, December 18, 2006

Cookie day!




This is what we did Sunday!
Not nearly as many as usual. There hasn't been much room or time for baking! But we did manage to pull together a batch of cut out cookies.
The kids are getting way to big too fast though. This year, I did not have to help at all. Other than in and out of the oven, the cookies were 100% kid created. They rolled, and cut without any help from me.
I am so glad they enjoy baking and cooking at much as I do.
Some of my best childhood memories are of the times spent in my grandmother's kitchen. She didn't have much else to give but she shared what she knew. She let me get messy, she let me stir, she let me crack eggs. I hope to one day do the same with my grandchildren, and hope I have shared that feeling of accomplishment in something so tangible with my own children as well.

No comments: