


Tonight was C's fourth grade chorus concert. I just sit and look at all these kids that have been in C's class or grade all these years, and I still marvel at how mature and older they are all starting to look. I remember little kindergarten kids and their tiny faces. C sang a little, and didn't. But looked like he was having fun. Every year this is also the night that I take the opportunity to get a shot of them with their teacher. So this is also a shot of C with His teacher. He seems to really like her and is doing very well.
The other shot is him being silly at home before we left. Much better than the stuffy posed too much with a stiff smile shot! I have given up trying to get a picture of them singing on stage. My camera just can't so it. *sigh* 
The other shots are from last Friday nite. Speaking of looking mature. This is "the" little black dress. Seems this dance was different from the others, and required a more special dress, and she would not settle for a skirt. So we went off to the mall. Found this adorable dress, that was affordable , had to get shoes and everything. Thankfully will be able to worn again for Christmas and her chorus concert. We had a bit of a time agreeing on "appropriate" in the dress and heel height, but agreed faster than I expected. She raided my jewelry box for earrings and a necklace. I can remember Jr Hi dances, and knew, and was right, that the first thing she would say when she came home was "my feet hurt". She was excited and wound up when she breezed in. I didn't get to pick her up. I was on drop off duty, and missed the after dance chatter -all- the -way- home stage.
So as much as my heart aches when I see them growing up and away from me, I rejoice that they are happy healthy children, that bless me with smiles and challenges on a daily basis. It is so easy to look at other children, and compare. What is normal? Am I screwing it all up? Are they doing ok? Should I push K more? Back off? There are days I just need to be reminded that they are normal, just in their own way. They are polite, and pleasant to other adults, active and healthy, growing like weeds. So all is ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment