Thursday, November 02, 2006

Finally Halloween!


I have been trying to get Blogger to post my pictures for two days. PRAYING this works today!

First, thanks to everyone who has commented or emailed me to try to get me past this blue period. It helps tremendously. The weather the last few days, and a nice long hour walk last night in the crisp air, has really helped. I am still not quite myself, but I am getting back there.

Now - Halloween. Halloween is not my favorite holiday by any stretch of the imagination. But I do enjoy all the little ones and their costumes, and ooh and ahh'ing over them. Listening to the giggles from the street, the parent's chatting, it is very "Norman Rockwell" for just a little while here. We pretty much get a constant parade for about an hour and half, I simply sit out on the porch and hand out the candy. No sense coming inside. Beating the streets for candy is Daddy's job now that the kids are older.

First is my little robot. This costume had changed a million times before halloween actually came around, so the final product was as much a surprise to me as anyone else. It was a hit on the block, even won "Most original" and got C. a bit of extra candy at a house down the street.


K. went totally dramatic this year, Cleopatra. She is all about the wig, and the dress. Not quite enough "glitz" for her on the outfit, but the price was right shall we say! This was the first year, she was invited by friends to trick or treat with them. I was so torn. I trust our neighborhood, and the kids she was with, but this is the end of another stage! Geesh, they are coming so fast lately! It was also such a fabulous social kudo for her to be invited. I couldn't deny her that. She struggles so with fitting in and to be invited to hang out with other kids her age was wonderful. There were a few fauz pas made in the evening that I had to discuss with her - such as "just because mommy or daddy doesn't answer the phone doesn't mean it is ok for us to now know where you are." She had ended the night up the street and stayed there sorting her candy. No big deal. But when 9 pm rolls around and still no K. and the last I had seen her she ran into our house, I obviously missed her running back out, was no fun. We were outside with the smaller kids, very easy to walk down and tell us what was going on. So after a bit of the "if you want these priviledges" chats, we are cool.

No comments: