Beauty does exist in winter.
I just have to look for it.
J and I walked around outside at Longwood Gardens
before we went into the conservatory. I really was surprised at how much there was to see.
The Gardener's Tree
This tree was at the entrance to the main building. It consisted of grape vine baskets and "nests" of red balls. So pretty.
The evergreen arrangements were so pretty.
Cypress "knees" - I have never seen these before (but then again it isn't like I have been around a lot of cypress trees in my lifetime!) These are part of the roots, and there are many theories as to their purpose. I was fascinated by them, and nearly crossed the rope fence to get closer.
The reminded me of people huddled together. Children, adults, couples, families.
Odd faceless humans. Creepy, yet fascinating at the same time.
J decided, inside or out, this was his favorite tree.
It is a "bird" tree, everything on it edible for our aviary friends.
The golden color was vibrant against the green.
I told him he has a whole year to plan ours in the back yard!
A view of the lake through one of the panes in a window in one of the treehouses.
This is a fountain in the spring. Can.not.wait.to.come.see.it
The "tree" consists of large wire balls.
Another "tree house"
And another natural tree.
Tiny gourd ornaments, and twigs.
There were a few of these Dr Suess-esque metal art wrapped around the trees.
And then there is this gorgeous specimen.
And then, on to the inside........
No comments:
Post a Comment