Sunday, January 06, 2013

It’s a new year!

Time to challenge myself a little bit.

Been letting some things slide lately.

Blogging is one.

Photography another.

Spending far too much time on Facebook.

So this seemed perfect….

http://projectlife365.com/blog/

It’s a daily photo challenge.

Today’s challenge – Still life

I have missed a few days.

So tonight I grabbed my camera and just snapped a few things that were striking my fancy right now.

DSC_8562

Two more additions to the snowman collection. This is a Mr. and Mrs. that were a gift from Sir Fartsalot this year. I love them and they make me smile. Ergo, they make the cut for my first blog post of the year!

DSC_8563

Picked this guy up for next to nothing at a warehouse sale. He is supposed to be a bank. But I have him sitting on the window sill, so every morning he greets me and makes me smile. Once again, he makes the cut!

DSC_8565

Went down to the wine shelf tonight to treat myself before “healthy eating armageddon” hit tomorrow….I smiled to myself when I came upon a bottle we had gotten nearly two years ago, at Lake Seneca, on our anniversary trip. It made me smile, and seemed very fitting to open, since we are now planning and working on returning this year. Happens that I am googling some things this very night. The thought makes me happy, so made the cut as well.

DSC_8566

This simply documents my every day. But, as much as you don’t want to believe it, makes me smile. (See a trend here?) I adore nice orderly piles, neatly folded, fresh warm laundry. Not only does it mean my family is clothed and warm, but I do enjoy the repetition and familiarity of the folding process. To me it is very relaxing and a very zen process.

DSC_8568

Just in the past few months, I took a class and learned how to make this yummy fresh bread. Guess what? Yup! It makes me smile. My family ADORES it, looks for it, and I love that I am making them something fresh, and healthy (well as healthy as white bread can get). I know what is in it, I know how old it is, and it won’t keep on the counter for three months. I plan on exploring different varieties and additions to widen my horizons. The biggest caveat – it’s SO easy.

DSC_8570

Shhhhh…don’t tell. Dude in true fashion of always surprising me, has decided once again to take up his guitar. Want to know why? Shhh…don’t tell him I told you. He discovered he can learn how to play *their* song, if you know what I mean. It is only five cords apparently. I asked why he was still using this fartosmall guitar – turns out two reasons. One, his larger guitar is broken.  Two, he said he prefers this one anyway. This one was his uncles. He gifted it to him years ago when he first decided to try the guitar. Dude says, “it means more to me, so I like to use it” – who is this boy, where did he come from? Some days it is hard to believe he is mine!

So, that is today’s challenge. A small glimpse at the “still life” around my house right now.  Didn’t really make an resolutions this year. Just to continue to be a better person, as I have been working all in the last year. Continuing to love myself more and put myself first more often. One challenge for myself this year, is to return to a bit more creativity. Time will tell I suppose!

No comments: