Major catch up post here! 13 rhymes with Thursday, and tomorrow is Friday the 13th, so 13 it is!!
1. I hate winter.
2. How totally cool is this?
Gotta love a sale, and a 20% off coupon at BB&B!
I tried Spritz cookies for the first time. My grandmother’s were more “rollers and droppers” than something fancy requiring a tool like a press. A new friend introduced me to the recipe and I tried them without the press, but they were just not the same……
No one showed much interest this year, in helping me with the cookies, until……this one saw the “cookie caulk gun”……he was suddenly all about helping…..
and look!
He’s good!! Real good!! Got the hang it faster than I did!!
Reason #9316 why I love my kids!
3. I am really tired of Cottonelle trying to convince me that some how my extra roll of TP is embarrassed to be seen “naked”. Mine actually hang out together nicely in a cute basket, thankyouverymuch. I do not need one more thing to spend my money on! Soon there will once again be a fake barbie doll and crochet skirt ala 1972 on the back of all of toilets again!
4. *Sigh*
Love him.
5. My foot is coming along. Not where I would like to be at this point at all, but getting better. It has been so long since I walked properly on it, I am now dealing with all the other joints and tissues in my foot hurting from starting to try to walk again. But , hey , it hurts anyway, might as well walk!
6. Oh yeah, my 31 days of giving went well. I gave up trying to document what I was doing. It just felt to self serving and narcissistic to me. I do some of that on my own when not challenged, so it felt weird to draw attention to it.
7. A friend’s daughter is traveling to Tanzania to work in an orphanage there, and needs some help. If it is in your heart, consider helping.
I absolutely admire her for the desire to be so adventurous especially at her age. I never would have been brave enough, and even now, as much as I like to think so, and Haiti calls me now and again, I don’t know if I could go.
8.
as much as they tried to act all, “I’m too cool for Christmas” as best they could. They were excited.
Dude laid in bed til 8 am, when he was “allowed” to get up. And just like he did all the years he was small, waited at the top step while we dressed. I didn’t even tell him. He just stayed there. Made me smile inside that all these little traditions, still matter a little bit.
9. And it appears….that this little guy….
Will be staying with us……
These two , are adjusting to the idea. Zoey is actually great with him. But she is so sweet, it doesn’t surprise me.
10. Notice anything??
Dude has joined the glasses club. And mom and dad are not far behind. He is very happy, he can now see the tv, and his video games. Oh, and yeah, the whiteboard at school!
11. Spent the day in Philadelphia NY Eve day.
We took a break at a neat courtyard across from city hall. It had huge game pieces scattered around.
Yes, he is big enough to throw his sister over his shoulder.
12. Second to the garden, and flowers, I can not resist photographing buildings, skylines, and architecture. I love the contrast of old and new in the city. I could walk around looking up all day long. I would probably fall in a manhole however!
Old reflected in New.
13. Wheew. I think I am caught up! Semester starts next week. LAST one. By June, I will have my DPT – Doctorate of Physical Therapy. Wow. That sounds pretty darn cool. It’s been more challenging than I expected. But I have loved the research, the readings….glad I decided to do it. Just in time for The Brat to graduate and we’ll send her off to college!
No comments:
Post a Comment