First - just a sneak peak at some of the pictures from the Flower Show - that is another post....but led me to remember that I never posted my seven favorites that I promised! Not that anyone readying want to know what I Love, but years from now when I look back I want to remember what was important to me right now.
Because believe me, I never in my younger life imagined
that I would love and enjoy some of the things that make me most happy now.
I will stay away from the pat answers if I can - of course I love my husband, kids and home.
1. Color. Lovely bright happy color.Love it.
Hence the picture above! Bright happy color makes me smile.
2. This one will hopefully make Marlooney happy because it does involve certain bodily functions! :)
Right now the relationship my kids have with their dad makes me insanely happy.
From someone like myself who never had a close relationship with her father, this is important to me. They have approached the age of constantly teasing each other and "one upping each other" - who can fart the loudest closest to whose face, teasing and poking and scaring each other in the hall upstairs. I can not help but grin from ear to ear when I hear J rip a good one and hear K , run screaming yelling, "Daaaa-aaad, you are so gross!" - There seems to be a farting theme going on lately. Anywhere he can rip one and make her scream gives him great pride! K always comes back for more and laughs and giggles the whole time. That makes me happy. :) I pretend to complain about the constant teasing but realize this is how he shows them he loves them. And it makes him happy. The look on his face when he "gets them" is priceless!
3. I said I would avoid it but can't help it - right now my hubby makes me happy. {although I do need to tell he is driving me crazy with ANOTHER job change he sprung on me last week!)We are at such a great place at the moment. This last year has been such a phase of growth for us, and right now we are basking in the glow of a really great period in our relationship. The other day when we were taking a walk with the dog, he even looked at me and said, "aren't we about due for an argument?"- that made me smile. We have always been close but the last 5 years has some very challenging moments. So nice to be out on the other side of that.
4. Ok, I am going to say it....I have tried to avoid being too outward about my weight loss at the risk of trying real hard not to sound vain or preachy, but right now being thin is making me happy! I feel SO good. Am enjoying shopping, and feeling good about myself. It felt so good to be out with my friends the other day and not once feel self conscious about my appearance or shy away from the camera. Yes, I know, my self respect should not hinge on my weight but for me it does. I do not feel good when I am heavier. Right now for the first time I am comfortable in my skin. Could this also be connected somehow to the mental wellness I have been feeling in my marriage too?Or vice versa? probably. But I will take it. :)
5. Ok - this list would not be complete without mentioning this - venti quad shot non-fat mocha. Preferably sipped in a comfy chair while chatting with a friend.....Ok, moving on.....
6. My new job is making me happy. I have been on the road and loving it for 9 years. But the novelty started to wear off after my accident and driving is no longer a pleasure for me. I never thought I would go back to outpatient. Most clinics are seriously over booked and I used to feel so useless doing that. But this clinic books differently and has a totally different theology about how a clinic should run. patient satisfaction is top on the list. I have the one on one time I enjoyed in home care without the travel and plus the stimulation of a room full of people interacting and laughing together while exercising. I did not realize how much I missed that until I was back in the clinic. Plus, I have never worked close to home before. always away. I am literally less than ONE mile from my house smack dab in the heart of where I grew up, which means, locals. Lovely- Pa Dutch- I- know- everyone- in -town locals. I thought it would irritate me, but I love it.
7. Cooking. Cooking. Cooking. Makes me happy. I find my zen in the kitchen. Trying new recipes. Feeding people who are truly appreciative of the effort.Particularly anything Mediterranean at the moment...olives, dun dried tomatoes, peppers....yumm..... When I feel stressed I cook. Baking preferably for stress relief. My 18 year old self would run screaming if she knew this! That 18 year old was going to move to the big city, work in a huge clinic, maybe do research...at look where she wound up - small town, growing vegetables and flowers, working in a small clinic a stones throw from home and couldn't be happier! Goes to show you, you can't hang your hat on too many plans. God often has a different path for you!
1 comment:
You just KNOW I was grinning ear-to-ear on that whole farting story! :)
BTW, you look GREAT!!!!
Post a Comment