I thought kindergarten was hard.
I thought Jr Hi was hard.
See a common thread here?
Always seemed to think each milestone was going to be the hardest.
The rest would be easier to accept.
Not that I am dragging my feet in the mud trying to deny that my kids are growing up.
Or the type of mom that will smother them to my breast until they are 20.
It is hard to describe the odd feelings.
It is a mixture of pride, happiness, melancholy, sadness for the loss of a "stage" that I was enjoying, anticipation, anxiety of what is to come.
I can't believe how time flies.
I can't believe the wave of emotion every time we come to one of these milestones.
Honestly thought each one would get easier.
I can say, they have not!
I am very proud of everything my kids accomplish and would never wish different.
So once again we step out onto a new unknown.
And it dawns on me, as much as i think this one will be the hardest, there are always going to be more...
college, moving out, marriage, kids of their own. trials and tribulations...there are still going to be more and more unknowns.
I guess for us mom's it never ends.
So here's to this one!
Let the excitement begin!
1 comment:
My sentiments exactly!!!
Ninth grade is high school here - so my oldest started today. You should have seen me choking back tears as I prayed for him in the car on the way there. I can't help myself. He's such a great kid - but I can't believe I've only got four years left with him...
I understand COMPLETELY how you're feeling. (How many times have you said that to me?) =)
Post a Comment