Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Christmas

The kids had so much fun with Duncan Bob Oodles. I am so glad I "bought some joy". K. had a blast moving him around to surprise C. in the morning.
Christmas turned out to be a bit interesting for us this year. C. got a stomach bug, literally nearly the second we walked into J's parent's house the Saturday before Christmas. He was fine when we left the house, and bounced around the car the whole 5 hours to get there....but man was he sick when we got there. Tried my best to keep him away from my MIL - chemo vs stomach bug not a good thing. We camped out upstairs the whole weekend. He was so desperate to play with his new gifts that he sat up with a fever, a "just in case" bowl and his game boy. didn't last long, but he tried! None of slept through the night for four nights straight. We thought he was all better, but I wound up pulling mop up and clean the bathroom duty around 9 pm Christmas eve luckily we decided against church, or we would have been in church for C.'s "event". So it was a bit odd for us this year. But I will admit, staying home was kind of nice. We spent some time together, cause of course Daddy got an upset stomach Christmas day. So after breakfast, we just hung out all day. Alone. Weird. There are times I really miss our big family gatherings when my mom was here, but then there are other times it is nice to just hangout alone.
My Christmas presents. I didn't take very many other pictures. Spent more time enjoying the day. J. got me a satellite radio - which ROCKS! We will eat hot dogs til Easter to pay for it, but well worth it. The kids love the comedy station. Beg for it constantly . K asked for a real baby doll. Not sure why. And C. as always got his Hess truck and of course.......
Wii rocks around here! (C. said today when he got home from school that almost everyone got a Wii for Christmas) We spent the better part of Christmas morning boxing, and bowling, and baseball. Love it! It gets all of us up and moving. We had quite a fun conversation with the kids about Atari and Pong, and went down memory lane as old folks saying "remember when" - Teehee. Feeling a bit old lately since my youth group kids didnt' even know who Fonzi was the last time we played Cranium! I wonder how long it will be til the kids are saying, "remember when you had to actually hold a controller to play a video game? " - when we are saying - "remember that big old plastic gun that you plugged into the Atari to play duck hunt?" - Then K was watching some Fresh Prince reruns and there he was with one! I died laughing.

This is just because I like the picture. Santa brought Zoey a huge beef knuckle. Kept her quiet all morning. She turned three years old before Christmas. Hard to believe we will have her three years in Feb. Seems like just yesterday. Seems like she has never not been here, and I can't remember what it was like when she wasn't here.

No comments: