There was the chorus concert. They had a great time. I can't believe it is nearly the end of seventh grade already. What a year. What an adjustment. But she did it. I am so proud of her.

Mother's Day - this was gift from the kids. J. as usual had not planned ahead (and I have taken to just asking to stop at the nursery on the way home from church and getting my own plants to plant in the afternoon) The kids found this frame Saturday while walking the neighborhood yard sale. J. helped them as they tried to be all secret about printing off the pictures Saturday night without me seeing them. The left heart they signed it, and Jim put "daddy goes here" - put I think I like their signatures better. :::grin::: I am not a big fan of Mother's Day, we don't do much. Sat nite we did go with my sister to Charlie's grandmother's church for a Mother-Daughter dinner which was nice. It was nice to spend time with them. Silly clown was the entertainment and I was surprised how much the girls enjoyed her.
Mother's Day morning before church. This is our patio and pond by the way. I thought it would make a nice back ground for thepicture since none of the flowers were blooming yet. Notice the strategic placement of a child in front of me.
Then there was the band concert - this was actually before chorus but I don't feel like rearranging the pictures. I remember doing this as well when I was in school, and it was such fun. K. had a good time and a great giggle over one of the gentlemen in the audience stepping on her flag and she couldnt' go on with her routine. I think that is where this smile came from.

Finally - fishing rodeo weekend. Not much biting this year. The "boys" went Sat and Sun morning this weekend. C. LOVES it, and I think that is an understatement. I was concerned when I called and nothing was biting -thankfully for anyone - not just C. I figured he would get bored and cranky - but J. said he could stand and cast all day. They were having fun seeing who could cast into the center of the schools of fish. He also told me he almost caught a turtle. I love that he loves this. The next one is in two weeks,a nd starts at 7 am instead of 9 am. J. is a little less thrilled about doing that one!
I know so much more has gone on in the last two weeks. Just can't remember it. Got some flowers planted. My perennials are starting to get huge and green, and ready to pop. can't wait for the color in the garden. I threw some seeds out yesterday, so hopefully they will do something.
Got a "living on purpose" thought in my head right now, but I will save it for tomorrow. This post is already really long!
No comments:
Post a Comment